Monday, March 12, 2012

Double Duty

Wow, I certainly got quite a bit done over the weekend. Right after I had finished gutting out the entire rear of the car I got a call from a guy from Twin Falls wanting to know if I still had the bucket seats for sale. So I headed down and took about 10 minutes to get the seats out of the car and sold them for $10. He got a great deal, because the seats were actually in really nice shape, they just needed to be cleaned a little bit, and I would much rather have sold them for only $40 than just end up throwing them in the trash.




So after I got the seats out I decided to start on the front half of the interior, since I wasn't originally planning on tackling that project for a while, but since the seats were already gone, why not? While I was tearing out the carpet and had the center console apart I noticed how long the shift lever was and decided that needed to change. So I got my grinder (I want to hug whoever invented the grinder, it takes care of EVERYTHING! For example this evening I used it to cut some unnecessary speaker wire, and also used it to open a plastic package because I didn't have scissors or a knife on me).



Speaking of using a grinder to cut open plastic packages, I used it to open up the hood pin assembly package I bought earlier this evening after I got off work. Got the hood pins installed and removed the factory latch.


After I was finished with the hood pins I returned to the interior and got the emergency brake fixed, the lap belts out, got the headliner out, and also removed the track that the shoulder belts traveled on. I'm Still trying to decide exactly what I'm going to do with the sunroof assembly. I can't decide whether to just replace it with a metal roof and keep the functionality of it, or just remove the whole time entirely and weld the hole shut. Tough decision.




So in summary almost all of the interior is finished. Just have to make a final decision on that sunroof, and get some racing seats in the car. Tomorrow I'll be working on the engine again, trying to start getting that water pump removed. I can't wait, I'm just such a big fan of how tightly they packed that engine in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment